Developer website: Topaz Labs, LLC
Detail breaks down an image into three levels of internal detail separation and three levels of tone separation. What makes it stand apart from other similar tools is the flexibility and control that allows you to selectively enhance or remove detail throughout your image without the side effects of halos or artifacts.
Full control over image detail
Get unprecedented control over every step of the detail enhancement process. Topaz Detail allows you to find the perfect balance of detail in your images by giving you a unique command over small, medium, and large image details in 3 separate tonal regions: Overall, Shadow and Highlight. Take your images to the next level by taking advantage of the most advanced detail enhancement technology currently available.
Apply crisp and clean image sharpening without fear of "oversharpening". A major issue with all other sharpening techniques is that they create sharpening artifacts known as "overshooting" or "halos". Topaz Detail uses the most recent advances in micro-contrast imaging technology to almost eliminate these sharpening artifacts, allowing for highly effective and natural sharpening.
Edge-aware masking for precise selections
Adding even more control over image detail are the multiple tools that allow for selective addition or removal of detail exactly where it's needed. With the edge-aware masking brush, transparency options and the ability to stack effects using the Apply button, adding precise and intricate detail is easier than ever.
Note: Although Finder indicates that this has no version number, the developer refers to it as version 3.1.0.
- Fixed the chroma-noise problem.
- Enhanced color adjustments using ProPhoto RGB color profile internally in the processing engine.
- Added a feature to allow users to quickly enable/disable a particular paramter group.
- Added group presets, which allows users to quickly apply a commonly used parameter settings for a particular parameter group.
- In the Effect Mask, A, B, and Erase brushes are added for accessing commonly used brush settings. The A/B brush provides a convenient way to remember the last used brush settings.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- One of the following:
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 or later
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 or later
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 or later
- Apple Aperture 2 or later
- Apple iPhoto (all versions)
- Corel PaintShop Pro or PhotoImpact