Developer website: Pinta Project
Pinta is a free, open source drawing/editing program modeled after Paint.NET. Its goal is to provide users with a simple yet powerful way to draw and manipulate images on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Magic Wand tool selection modes (Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersect).
- Layer blend modes.
- Reduced memory usage in the Open Images Pad (over 100mb in some cases).
- Significantly reduced memory usage for history (only the difference between the two images is stored)
- Copy/Paste support for the text tool.
- Improved rendering performance.
- The colour picker tool now supports different sampling sizes, and sampling from a single layer or the entire image.
- Improved support for special characters and alternate input methods in the text tool.
- Added a Copy Merged command to copy the flattened image/selection to the clipboard, instead of just the current layer.
- Added a drop shadow to the canvas.
- Improved support for extensions:
- Extensions can be initialized/uninitialized properly, including removing any tools/effects that were registered.
- Downloads from remote repositories are now enabled.
- #999571New image flattening functionality breaks saving functionality.
- #956195Many effects do not work with Gtk# 2.12.11.
- #696293 Clicking text tool can crash OSX. (fixed in Mono 2.11.4)
- #984573 New layer with Text object does not put text on this new layer.
- #987641Opening TGA files created by Pinta does not work on Linux.
- #995767Using 'cut' in text object does not delete text.
- #996490Two undo actions required to fully undo after pasting an image.
- #998629Crashes when using copy/paste in Pinta.
- #1001536 Exception in Text Tool when attempting to select beyond end of string.
- #1006753 Exception when saving ORA file on Mac.
- #1008439 Disabling the "Default Tools" extension crashes Pinta.
- #1036041 Undo using CTRL+Z not working if this is the first action in new image.
- #1036485 Undo is broken for cropping or resizing the canvas (regression).
- #1048137 Crash when disposing the ResizeHistoryItem (regression).
- #602651Inverting colors overwrites transparency with white pixels.
- #606240Move pixels tool corrupted by scrolling.
- #724982After pasting from clipboard in a image, pasted selection dissapears.
- #776328Chinese characters can not be typed in Text tool.
- #891556Incorrect behavior of Undo command when editing text.
- #911398Can not change input method in Text tool for non-English language.
- #932924/usr/bin/pinta has wrong path in it for some Linux x86_64 systems.
- #983709Undo using Text object displays letter z in text instead of undoing.
- #999914Can't enter the '<' character using text tool.
- #1015345 Drawing near the right or bottom edges sometimes causes the border to disappear.
- #1021426 Broken licence headers in some files.
- #582114Layer opacity isn't blended with transparent background.
- #696417Copy and paste does not work for Text object.
- #859082Diacritics not working in text tool.
- #868310Drag and drop a picture from Desktop to launcher doesn't open the picture.
- #988278Dialog "Could not open file" inconsistent with other Pinta dialogs.
- #992052The todo.txt file includes a broken link.
- #992680Ruler units option not displayed after Pinta restarts.
- #992839The order of tools windows is not optimal.
- #993741Large file/layer names don't fit into window.
- #999552Three small inconsistencies in Help | About window.
- #1008557 Shortcuts for Auto Level and Black and White adjustments are broken.
- #1035812 When no image is available some options are not grayed out.
- #1048502 Escaping window if file type is not recognized.
- #732035Compose key doesn't work on text input.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later