In this release we've made substantial updates to the underlying code that powers the Remote Desktop experience across all our clients. We've also added some new features and addressed bugs and crashes that were showing up in error reporting. Here are some of the changes you may notice:
- PC Quick Connect (CMD+K) allows you to connect to a PC without creating a bookmark.
- Auto-reconnect now helps to recover from transient network glitches for PC connections.
- When resuming a suspended MacBook, auto-reconnect can now be used to reconnect to disconnected PC connections.
- Added support for HTTP proxies when subscribing and connecting to Windows Virtual Desktop resources.
- Implemented support for HTTP proxy automatic configuration with PAC files.
- Integrated support for NETBIOS name resolution so you can connect to PCs on your local network more easily.
- Fixed an issue where the system menu bar would not respond while the app was in focus.
- Fixed a client-side race condition that had the potential to cause decryption errors on the server.
- Made improvements to monitor layout and geometry heuristics for multimon scenarios involving Retina-class monitors.
- Multimon layout configurations are now maintained across session redirection scenarios.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the menu bar from dropping in multimon scenarios.
- User account UI that interacts with the macOS keychain will now surface keychain access errors.
- Hitting cancel during workspace subscription will now result in nothing being added to the Connection Center.
- Added key mappings for CMD+Z and CMD+F to map to CTRL+Z and CTRL+F respectively.
- Fixed a bug that caused remote apps to open behind the Connection Center when launched.
- Worked around an issue where AAC audio playback on macOS 10.15 would cause the client to stall.
- SHIFT+left-click now works in Unicode mode.
- Fixed a bug where usage of the SHIFT key would eventually trigger the Sticky Keys alert in Unicode mode.
- Added a check for network availability before connection initiation.
- Addressed pulsing of PC thumbnails that occasionally occurred during the connection sequence.
- Fixed a bug where the password field in the Add/Edit User Account sheet become multiline.
- The "Collapse All" option is now greyed out if all workspaces are collapsed.
- The "Expand All" option is now greyed out if all workspaces are expanded.
- The first-run permissions UI is no longer shown on High Sierra.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to connect to WVD endpoints using saved credentials in the DOMAINUSERNAME format.
- The username field in the credential prompt is now always prepopulated for WVD connections.
- Fixed a bug that clipped the Edit, Delete and Refresh buttons for workspaces if the Connection Center was not wide enough.
- The "email or workspace URL" field in the Add Workspace sheet is no longer case sensitive.
- Usage of the AVC codec is now configurable (see note below).
- Fixed a number of accessibility issues that impacted VoiceOver and keyboard navigation scenarios.
- Lots of updates to improve interoperability with current and upcoming features in the Windows Virtual Desktop service.
Note, from a terminal prompt you can now configure the AVC support level advertised by the client:
1. Do not advertise AVC support to the server:
defaults write com.microsoft.rdc.macos AvcSupportLevel disabled
2. Advertise support for AVC420 support to the server:
defaults write com.microsoft.rdc.macos AvcSupportLevel avc420
3. Advertise support for AVC444 support to the server:
defaults write com.microsoft.rdc.macos AvcSupportLevel avc444
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and took the time to work with us to diagnose problems. If you encounter any issues, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.