SquidMan is a graphical installer and GUI for the squid proxy cache for OS X. Squid can:
- cache downloaded content, reducing network traffic and improving browsing performance on slow links;
- act as a proxy server for other computers on your subnet;
- and restore the operation of many OS X system services that normally fail through authenticated proxy servers, such as Software Update.
- Upgrades the bundled version of Squid to 3.5.15
- Adds a new Control menu, with commands and keyboard equivalents for manually starting, stopping, and restarting squid
- Adds new preference options for the in-memory cache
- Adds a new advanced preferences tab with performance tuning options.
- Fixes a bug that would prevent Squid shutdown on logout if
- OS X 10.6.8 or later