jEdit is a cross platform, programmer's text editor written in Java. Developed by Slava Pestov and others, jEdit is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Features include:
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 1.6 or higher virtual machine - this includes MacOS X, Linux, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and OS X (5.0)
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents more...
- Fix bug #3983: filename completion prefered longest filename when no match with exact length was found. Prefer the first one (Eric Le Lay)
- Fix bug #3913: beanshell do-while loop bug (Patch #572 Jesse Pavel)
- Fix Java_File_Save macro: accept text after class name (Eric Le Lay)
- Fix bug #3936, better choice for text area corner colors (Dale Anson)
- Fix more...
- OS X 10.7.3 or later
- Java 1.7 or later