BiglyBT is a feature-filled, open-source, ad-free bittorrent client. Forked from the Azureus open-source project created in 2003, BiglyBT continues its development, and keeps all the features you've loved. If you are already using Azureus or Vuze, you'll have the option to copy and migrate the config settings, downloads, and plugins.
- Swarm Merging to complete torrents that do not have all the available bits, and to speed up downloading
- Rate limiting globally, by download, by tag, by peer-set (e.g. peers from a given country), by network (public/I2P) and even by peer. Overall capacity limits are also supported to work with ISP limits. Limits can also be scheduled by time of day etc.
- WebTorrent support - BiglyBT can download and seed to WebTorrent peers. There is also a built-in WebTorrent tracker.
- Robust settings. If you want to control it, there’s probably a setting for it!
- Remote controlling via Android app (any android app that supports the Transmission RPC will do, but we recommend ).
- Organization, Discovery, and Social
- Tags and Categories. Allows you also to set share ratios, file locations, speed limits, etc for a group of torrents.
- Meta-search, with the ability to add and create custom site templates
- Swarm Discoveries which lists torrents that other people have downloaded along with the torrents you download.
- Tag Discovery to discover what other users have tagged content with. This can be very helpful before deciding to download the content.
- Subscriptions to RSS feeds as well as search results. You can also create your own subscription feed to share with others
- Decentralized ratings and comments. You can view them before the torrent is added to BiglyBT.
- Decentralized public and anonymous chats with default channels for individual torrents, tags, subscriptions, and trackers
- I2P support (using I2P DHT) for anonymous downloading
- Detection of VPNs for better integration
- Ability to proxy search results, subscriptions, and internal browser connections through Tor if site is inaccessible
- Media Playback
- Media Conversion (Transcoding)
- UPnP Media Server and DLNA support, allowing devices to connect and browse your content, and allowing BiglyBT to send content directly to devices.
- RSS to chat publisher for sharing content streams via chat
- Decentralized content replication for sharing arbitrary modifiable files