Developer website: AKVIS
The software creates HDR images from a series of photographs taken at different exposures or from a single photograph. You can come very close to reality or even go beyond it by creating stylized images with fabulous colors and unique effects. The software also includes an efficient deghosting tool for removing ghost artifacts that sometimes appear when combining photos with moving objects.
The program can also be used for photo correction. You can adjust color saturation and brightness, and bring out the detail in dark and bright areas.
AKVIS HDRFactory can also imitate the HDR effect on a single image, by creating a pseudo-HDR. This technique is useful if you don't have a series of images with different exposures. Just load a single image into AKVIS HDRFactory and admire the effect which goes beyond photo realism and opens the door into the fascinating world of HDR!
- Added the new Effects tab that lets you refine the look of your photos even further.
Now the software offers a wide range of effects to fit any taste!
You can adjust the mood of a photo by changing its color temperature or tint. You can create a realistic effect or go for something more creative and stylish. You can also add a glow to your image for a glamorous touch. You can apply a soft fade vignette to your photo. This is useful when you want to draw attention to particular subjects or objects in your photo, or just to create the perfect mood.
- Added new ready-to-use Presets which are available in all three tabs (HDRI, Adjustment, and Effects) and contain all settings of these tabs. Now the program offers 34 presets!
The presets can be applied in their initial version or can be modified. First you can try AKVIS presets and than create your own exclusive variations. It is possible to save your own presets to use them in the future.
- Added the Preset Preview window. Now, when moving a cursor over a preset in the drop-down list, the quick result appears in the quick preview window over the image window. It saves you time and makes the selection of the presets easier.
- The Post Processing parameters have been hidden and can now be opened by clicking on a triangle button, right to the HDRI/Adjustment/Effects tabs.
- Added the possibility to adjust Image View Modes (various options for displaying the original and processed images, "before" and "after" states). The software now demonstrates more flexibility.
- Added the possibility to rotate an image left or right by 90 degrees (to the standalone version).
- ...and other changes.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Photoshop CS3-CS5, Photoshop Elements 6-10 or Photoshop 6-CS2, Photoshop Elements 1-4