Developer website: Akvis
AKVIS Enhancer is image enhancement software that improves detail on an image, no matter what was the cause of the unsharpness. It works in three modes: Improve Detail, Prepress, and Tone Correction. The main goal for these modes is the same - correction, but the methods and the results are quite different. Different photos require different approaches at correction, in many cases the modes complement one another.
- In Improve Detail mode the program brings out details on an image by intensifying color transition. It strengthens the difference between adjacent pixels having different color gradations and therefore allows revealing not only details in the shadow but even details in the overexposed and midtone areas. This mode is useful in cases when a photo has an uneven exposure. For example, when a picture has been taken with the background overexposed and consequently the foreground is hardly discernible, which is especially annoying when you take a picture of a person; or when a photo lacks dramatic effect due to vagueness of the scene.
- In Prepress mode the program helps to adjust photos before printing or publishing online. Use this mode to increase the sharpness of borders and the contrast of the image. Even a high quality photograph needs prepress processing that will give it a professional look.
- In Tone Correction mode the program makes сorrections of an image in the light and dark areas. As a result the overall impression of the image improves considerably. Changes can be made to the entire image or only to a part of it depending on the selected colors.
AKVIS Enhancer supports batch processing that lets you automatically process a series of images with the same settings.
- Improved the plugin compatibility with image editors.
- Support for new RAW files for the standalone version.
- Bug fixes.
- OS X 10.7 or later