Developer website: Ohanaware Co., Ltd.
HDRtist NX2 is a substantial update to Ohanaware's line of High Dynamic Range Imaging software for the macOS operating system. NX2 is the 4th complete rewrite of the HDRtist family of applications (started in 2009), allowing for a significantly improved engine, modern interface, and extendable functionality.
It's all about that details
- 8th Generation tone mapping engine, "Polaris" was designed to bring out the tiniest of details.
- 128-Bit unclamped precision workflow; up to 32,000 times more precision than regular photo apps, helps to maintain detail & color.
- Tone mapping to the edge; increases the amount of detail visible in high contrast areas.
- Edge enhancement; makes the edges sharper, stand out more; or makes them softer & more natural.
- Dehaze Extra; reveals more detail in the sky and other light areas of the image.
- Optional 1-Slider editing, changing the look of the HDR with only one slider.
- Highly optimized; HDRtist NX2 can process a 20 megapixel HDR on a 1.1Ghz 2015 MacBook in 14 seconds.
Release your inner creativity
- Over 30 1-Click styles to save time & create inspiration.
- More than 20 built-in Extras; some expand on existing functions while others are used to add stylistic effects to HDRs.
- Use "a set of exposures" or a "single image", it's up to you.
- Advanced cropping tool, with multiple aspect ratios, fixed sizes & free-form option.
- Ohanaware HDR format, allows you to save your HDR images and edit them later.
- Save history allows you to revert back to a previous version whenever it's needed.
I love big previews & I cannot lie
- Optimized interface provides a gorgeous high resolution preview area.
- Window Sidebar & Title Bar support Auto Hiding, getting out of the way when not needed.
- Split-View & Side-by-side view for comparison with the original image or medium exposure.
- Built-in Window management, includes Zoom to Fit, Zoom to Left & Zoom to Right.
- The overall slider now uses less Saturation.
- Default colorSpace is now Apple's Display P3.
- New Color Settings on the Edit menu, allows different color profiles to be specified.
- Now works on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- The internal image converter now uses a far stricter list of compatible types.
- Added a workaround for a problem auto saving files on macOS 10.14.5.
- Altered alignment handling to reduce false positives.
- Added a workaround for an issue with 10.15 that was preventing documents from being saved.
- Started workarounds for some performance issues on macOS 10.15.
- Share menu on the Toolbar now display correct service icons.
- Replacing system level constants that have changed for macOS 10.15.
- Source image files are now copied into the HDR document.
- Zoom to Left & Zoom to Right are hidden on macOS 10.15, as the OS now does these.
- OS X 10.11 or later
- 4 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- Recommended to have a graphics card with 1GB or more of memory