Carbonite takes the worry out of backup by securely and automatically backing up your files to one of our state-of-the-art data centers.
By the numbers
Why back up your files?
- Up to 13% of hard drives fail every year (Carnegie Mellon University, 2007)
- 50% of computer users have lost or accidentally deleted files from their primary computer (Chadwick Martin Bailey, 2010)
- Approximately 2 million laptops are stolen every year, and only 2% are ever recovered. (FBI, 2008)
Because bad things happen to files and computers all the time. Hard drives crash. Laptops get lost or stolen. Viruses damage or destroy files. Kids (and even adults) delete files accidentally. If you have valuable files you can't replace, the only real way to protect them is to back them up.
Carbonite online backup saves time and money, provides extra protection for your files, and makes getting your files back fast and easy.
- No media or expensive equipment to buy. And no shuffling through stacks of CDs or DVDs.
- No need to remember to back up. Carbonite does it automatically and continually, in the background.
- Secure transmission. Carbonite uses the same encryption technology used in online banking and e-commerce transactions.
- Safe offsite storage. Your backed up files are stored in our highly secure data centers