Developer website: Adobe Systems, Inc.
Please note that not all Flash Professional features are supported in the HTML5 format. The Wallaby Release Notes describe what features are supported, what differences we have already discovered between the various browsers, what device variations have been found, and any currently known issues.
- Wallaby is delivered as a 32-bit application for Windows and Mac.
- Wallaby is designed to emit HTML5 files compatible with Webkit based browsers.
- The only supported Webkit browsers at this time are Chrome and Safari on OSX, Windows, and iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod). Because Wallaby uses Webkit specific animation primitives, animation will not work and has not been tested on other browsers.
- There is a known Webkit issue with complex timeline animations that crashes all Webkit browsers. This seems to increase in frequency with complex animations and on slower devices. It is rare for simple animations. Webkit fixed this bug on 1/26/2011 (http://trac.webkit.org/changelist/76708) but is not clear when this fix will end up in Chrome and Safari browsers.
- We have logged and are tracking several Webkit bugs. Most of these issues are not visible because of changes to the HTML/CSS/SVG content but this often results in non intuitive conversion of the original content.
- We have tested with iOS 4.2
- Prior iOS versions have known masking issues with Wallaby generated HTML files.
- Zooming in and out can cause odd artifacts in the browser. This is a bug in the browser.
- Masked artwork sometimes displays a faint border around the masked area. This is a bug in the browser.
- We have tested with Chrome 8.0.552.215
- Several issues (undocumented) have been observed in prior versions.
- We have tested with Safari 5.0.3
- A few known animation issues with 'static' content dropping.