Developer website: Hardcoded Software
moneyGuru is a personal finance management application. With it, you can evaluate your financial situation so you can make informed (and thus better) decisions. Most finance applications have the same goal, but moneyGuru's difference is in the way it achieves it. Rather than having reports which you have to configure (or find out which pre-configured report is the right one), your important financial data (net worth, profit) is constantly up-to-date and "in your face". This allows you to constantly make informed decision rather than doing so periodically.
- Get it done right. moneyGuru is loosely based on the double-entry accounting system, where every account -- including income and expenses -- is a first class account, not just a category. It allows for a lot of flexibility in finance management strategies (such as cash management).
- Get it done fast. moneyGuru has a very efficient navigation and editing system which allows you to painlessly go around your accounts and transactions and modify them. Keyboard shortcuts are neatly designed and efficient. Values are auto-completed when it makes sense. Date editing uses a special widget that lets you edit dates with the least possible number of keystrokes, regardless of your date format.
- Get it in there. moneyGuru can import QIF, OFX, QFX and CSV files and can export to QIF.
- Get international. moneyGuru has very strong support for currencies. Unlike most other applications, currency information in moneyGuru is defined at the amount level rather than the account level. This gives you a lot of flexibility for transactions with multiple currencies.
- See it coming. moneyGuru is future aware. Select a date range that ends in the future, and see, through the sheets and charts, how scheduled transactions and budgeting will affect your finance.
- And for the rest... you can always extend moneyGuru's functionality through plugins!
- Fix crash when opening panels on some versions of PyQt. [qt]
- Fix misalignment of bold figures in networth/profit sheets. [cocoa]
- OS X 10.7 or later