NTFS-3G for OS X is a software project designed to bring NTFS read/write support to the Mac platform, along with additional advanced features. It is based on NTFS-3G, the leading open source NTFS driver that is ported to numerous platforms, but also includes other software projects to build a complete toolset for managing NTFS volumes.
NTFS-3G itself is included in hundreds of Linux distributions; for example Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE and Ubuntu use NTFS-3G as the default NTFS driver. Development has been ongoing since 2006.
Changes to NTFS-3G
- Fixed inserting a new ACL after wiping out by chkdsk
- Fixed Windows-type inheritance
- Fixed ignoring the umask mount option when permissions are used
- Fixed checking permissions when Posix ACLs are compiled in but not enabled
- Disabled option remove_hiberfile on read-only mounts
- Implemented an extended attribute more...
- OS X 10.4 or later (the purely 64-bit kernel used by Xserves running OS X 10.6 is not supported)