iDefrag helps defragment and optimize your disk for improved performance. Features include:
- Supports HFS and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended).
- Supports case sensitive and journaled filesystems.
- Supports adaptive hot file clustering ("Hot Zone").
- Four powerful defragmentation algorithms:
- Compact data, moving all free space to one place.
- Optimize filesystem metadata.
- On-line defragmentation.
- Defragment whilst your disk is mounted.
- Advanced programmable optimization.
- Rearrange your disk the way you want.
- B-Tree metadata
Note: Though version 5.1.7 can be installed on versions of the OS as early as OS X 10.10, it is not supported by the developer on systems earlier than macOS 10.12.
- Fixed signature problems that were causing trouble on macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.12 or later (see compatibility chart)
- Support for OS X 10.10 and 10.11 in the variant download