Developer website: Fixamac Software
Print Therapy is the only utility in the world designed to diagnose and repair problems that can occur with the Mac OS X printing system. These problems include, but are not limited to, the inability to open the Print & Fax System Preference pane, inabillity to add printers, disappearing print jobs, corrupted preference files, and inability to create PDF files. Print Therapy also includes some useful tools for deleting extra printer drivers, installing or deleting PPD files, deleting old spool files, backing up and restoring the printing system, and resetting the printing system
Print Therapy 7.x allows the user to do the following:
- Backup and restore the printing system
- Verify and recreate the root user
- Verify and recreate the lp user
- Verify and recreate the lp group
- Verify and repair the printing system permissions
- Verify and repair the home user Library directories
- Reset the printing system
- Delete CUPS spool files
- Verify and repair the /private/tmp directory
- Stop, start, or restart the cupsd process
- Replace the cupsd.conf file
- Delete hidden temporary files
- Delete all printing preferences
- Delete the pre-installed drivers
- View the CUPS access_log file
- View the CUPS error_log file
- View the CUPS page_log file
Version 7.0.4 SLE:
- This version adds support for Mac OS X 10.6.8.
- The process of gathering permission data prior to permission repairs is now much faster.
- PPDs are now listed in alphabetical order in the PPD Inspection list regardless of name case and population of the PPD Inspection list is now much faster.
- Switching between PPD directories in the PPD Inspection tab no longer clears the Inspection list. Instead, the list can be refreshed manually.
- Printer driver data is now gathered much faster.
Mac OS X 10.6 or later