VMware Fusion 8 and Fusion 8 Pro--the latest versions of its virtualization software for running Windows on a Mac without rebooting--include full support for Windows 10, OS X El Capitan, and the latest Retina Macs, in addition to always-on access to Microsoft Cortana. They support DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3 for up to 65% faster graphics, alongside compatibility with USB 3.0 and multiple monitors with different DPIs. The virtual machine platform also delivers full 64-bit support with up to 16 vCPUs, 64GB RAM, and an 8TB hard drive for a single virtual machine.
Fusion 8 and Fusion 8 Pro are optimized for the latest
- After you exit Full Screen view on a multi-monitor system, an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine does not refresh properly
- On a system with more than one monitor connected, if an Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine is in Full Screen view, using all displays, the virtual machine does not refresh its display properly after you exit to Single Window view.
- OS X 10.9 or later (OS X 10.11 recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- A copy of Windows (if you'll be installing Windows)