I noticed some suspicious things about this product:
1. MacFly Pro will send to developer machine's serial number and MAC address. In addition developer will collect personal Information.
- "Personal Information. Such data includes your name, email or postal address, telephone number and/or any other sort of information... - Automatically once you download, install, and/or start using the Software."
- "Information Collected via our Software. When you use a MacFly Pro Software, the Software will collect information about the model and a serial number of your Apple Computer, amount of RAM memory, iOS version and MAC address of your Apple Computer."
2. Almost all five stars reviews here are of users that are registered on the same date. Notice that many of them praise the "cheap" subscription price which is between $7.45/month and $13.95/month.
3. Developer's site has not a single name who is operating that company.
4. What exactly means this statement of Tomasz Jesko from MacFly Pro (that we read in a comment below):
"Assistant does all those manual maintenance things in the background using particular algorithms that our development team is improving with every weekly update."
Any application that works in the background and updates itself silently requires security audit. Where is it? And what exactly Apple changes in their system so much that requires a weekly update to an app to find duplicates?
He also mentions "Threats scan", which is not listed as a feature on the developer's site. Is that an antivirus product? Which of the current threats it can remove (i.e. Proton malware)?
5. On one of the screenshots, MacFly Pro offers to uninstall the "App Store.app". That actually is very interesting, because if they remove Mac App Store app and their services, users will not be able to update their Macs. May be this app wants to take MAS place and make your Mac more secure?!?