Developer website: Escape Motions
Flame Painter 3 is a unique paint application that lets you easily create original artwork, light effects, unconventional design or beautiful backgrounds with flame brushes.
Flame Painter was created within 'I am an Artist' experimental project. The initial vision was to create an application for professional artists as well as for people without artistic skills who want to create original paintings. It is used by thousands of professional CG artists, designers, enthusiasts or children in school and we have had nothing but great feedback.
New features in Flame Painter 3 include Flame Painter Connect - a Photoshop plug-in which works as a live link between Flame Painter and Photoshop, ability to use Wacom tablet pressure pen and Leap Motion camera and a smooth import and export of layered PSD and SVG vector files. Multi-core engine, new high resolution renderer and Photoshop blending modes have made this software a powerful tool for creating professional artworks.
Important:Every Flame Painter user is eligible for 33% discount ($30) on Pro edition. If you'd like to upgrade, go to the Flame Painter Menu: "Help" --> "Upgrade to Pro" and you will be redirected to the website with all necessary information. Professional edition has many advanced features and can be used for commercial purposes. Flame Painter 3 key features:
- Photoshop plugin (for CS5, CS6, CC) - only in Pro
- Open and save layered PSD files - only in Pro
- Export SVG vector format files - only in Pro
- Photoshop Blending Modes
- Hires renderer - only Pro
- SuperSmooth Antialiasing - only in Pro
- Multicore optimization
- Safe Boundary
- Editable vector layers - only in Pro
- Wacom tablet support - only in Pro
- Leap Motion Support
- Copy-and-paste layers to 3rd party apps - only in Pro
- Unlimited layers
- Wacom preserves tablet pressure data with vector layers
- Switching between vector layers in Edit mode fixed
- Cancel HiRes rendering with "Esc" key
- Added file association on OS X
- More minor bugfixes
- OS X 10.6 or later