HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for Mac. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
HoudahGeo is the only application that can both write future-proof GPS tags to original images and add locations to photos in the Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture libraries.
- Improves performance when loading a large Apple Photos library
- Works around a problem with malformed GPS data written by some Nikon cameras
- Fixes a problem with downloading GPS track logs from Garmin devices
Note: Adding locations to photos in Apple Photos requires Photos 2.0 on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- OS X 10.10 or later; some features require macOS 10.12 Sierra
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera