HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for OS X. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the
- Fixes a problem with importing images from Apple Photos
- Fixes a bug that could prevent project files from being saved
Users of of macOS 10.12 Sierra, should give the beta of HoudahGeo 5.1 a try. This adds the ability to notify the new Apple Photos 2.0 of changes made to location information.
- OS X 10.10 or later; tested with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera