Developer website: Houdah Software
HoudahGeo is a one-stop photo geocoding and geotagging solution for Mac. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC geotags to JPEG, RAW, and XMP sidecar files. Just like a GPS-enabled camera, HoudahGeo records latitude, longitude, and altitude information right to your image data file. Don't have a GPS device? No problem! Just drop a pin on the map where you took your photo and HoudahGeo will tag it with the correct location. HoudahGeo is the only application that can both write future-proof GPS tags to original images and add locations to photos in the Apple Photos, iPhoto and Aperture libraries.
Geotagging with HoudahGeo follows an easy 3-step workflow: load, process, then output.
- Start by loading photos into a HoudahGeo project. Optionally add GPS track logs
- Use the built-in map to assign or adjust photo locations. Use reverse geocoding to add city, state / province and country names
- Write location information to the original image files. Export the project for viewing in Google Earth or Google My Maps. Upload to Flickr
- Automatic geocoding using GPS track logs
- Geocoding using reference photos taken using iPhone or a GPS camera
- Geocoding without a GPS. Use the built-in map to double-check, adjust, or assign locations to your photos
- Reverse geocoding fills in city, state / province and country names
- Writes GPS data, location names, title, description and keywords to EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Works with JPEG as well as a large number of RAW file formats. It also supports XMP sidecar files.
- Integrates with Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Lightroom
- Notifies Apple Photos 2.0, iPhoto or Aperture when places information has been updated
- Create Google Earth KML and KMZ files. View photos "pinned" along the path travelled
- Publish photos and KML files to Dropbox. Share images on a map
- Upload geotagged photos to Flickr
- Works a around a bug where photo library browser, when shown as grid of previews, would scroll for no reason
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Some features require macOS 10.12 Sierra
- A digital camera: point-and-shoot, DSLR, camera phone, etc.
- Optional: GPS track logger
- Optional: iPhone or other GPS-enabled camera