Developer website: MacVector, Inc.
MacVector is the leading package of kind for Mac and an ideal solution for researchers who want a simple but comprehensive desktop sequence analysis application. MacVector provides sequence editing, primer design, Internet database searches, protein analysis, sequence confirmation, contig assembly capabilities, multiple sequence alignment, phylogenetic reconstruction, coding region analysis, and a wide variety of other functions. With MacVector you can view the results of any analysis in graphical or text format.
All analysis, editing, and display functions are contained within a single application, so not only will you find MacVector remarkably user-friendly but you'll also save time whether you're exploring gene relationships, predicting coding sequences, or conducting cloning experiments. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can flow from task to task with just a few mouse clicks. Furthermore, collaboration with colleagues will be easier than ever because MacVector lets you customize graphic results and export them for high-quality printing.
- A problem where MacVector would crash on exit and not save changes to the global symbol preferences has been resolved
- Occasionally, the Test Primer Pairs function would erroneously report an incorrect product with large sequences with many weak binding sites. This has been fixed
- A bug where assembling Gibson Assembly fragments would complement the last few residues when regenerating restriction sites has been fixed
- A hang when undoing deletion of reads in the Align to Reference editor has been fixed
- The Restriction Enzyme Picker can now be resized to a smaller size where the upper panel will become hidden to make better use of smaller screens
- The MacVector application has been "code-hardened" and notarized by Apple. This will help ensure forward-compatibility with future macOS releases that will have increased security requirements
- OS X 10.9 or later