Texmaker is a program that integrates many tools needed to develop documents with LaTeX in just one application.
- a unicode editor to write your LaTeX source files (syntax highlighting, undo-redo, search-replace, ...)
- the principal LaTex tags can be inserted directly with the "LaTeX", "Math" and "Greek" menus
- 370 mathematical symbols can be inserted in just one click
- wizards to generate code ('Quick document', 'Quick letter', tabular, tabbing and array environments)
- LaTeX-related programs can be launched via the "Tools" menu
- the standard Bibtex entry types can be inserted in the ".bib" file with the "Bibliography" menu
- a "structure view" of the document for easier navigation of a document (by clicking on an item in the "Structure" frame, you can jump directly to the corresponding part of your document
- extensive LaTeX documentation
- in the "Messages / Log File" frame, you can see information about processes and the logfile after a LaTeX compilation
- the "Next Latex Error" and "Previous Latex Error" commands let you reach the LaTeX errors detected by Kile in the log file
- by clicking on the number of a line in the log file, the cursor jumps to the corresponding line in the editor
Note: Systems running OS X 10.7 Lion or later installed via an upgrade must use the 64-bit link in the 'Related Links' section.