In Notational Velocity, the same area is used both for creating notes and searching. I.e., in the process of entering the title for a new note, related notes appear below, letting users file information there if they choose. Likewise, if a search reveals nothing, one need simply press return to create a note with the appropriate title.
Its unique advantages are as follows:
- Modeless Operation
Searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface.
- Incremental Search
Searching encompasses all notes' content more...
- "Edit With..." menu for editing in WriteRoom, TextMate, etc., for all DB storage options
- Indentation is preserved for lists created in TextEdit and Pages (Thanks to tewe)
- No longer crashes when reading note-files containing illegal Unicode characters
- No longer crashes when syncing to Simplenote on OS X 10.7 Lion Preview
- Japanese font-substituted more...