WhatRoute is designed to find the names of all the routers an IP packet passes through on its way from your Mac to a destination host. It also measures the round-trip time from your Mac to the router, thus enabling you to determine slow links--or hops--in the Internet. WhatRoute can also find dead links, such as routers that don't respond.
- A geo-location server is queried and the locations of the hosts discovered in a trace or seen active on the LAN, can be plotted on a low resolution map or viewed in high resolution on Google Earth
- WhatRoute also provides network and port scanning, ping, whois, DNS, more...
- Auto-detect IPv4/IPv6 addresses in the Host field
- Auto-refresh Interfaces and Neighbours display
- Advanced flow filtering using Apple Predicate Editor
- Crash when receiving malformed data from a whois server
- Spurious timeouts in Trace and Ping
- Improved asynchronous address to name resolution
- OS X 10.10 or later