The following are comments that I have about this beta patch. Am testing this patch on double 450 ghz G4 with 1.25 gb RAM, OS X 10.2.6, software rendering on (as this seems to fix the choppiness of gameplay), and I'm playing around in SP.
1. I'd really like to get to see how the synergies work, but at lvl 24 (started a new character just for testing: Druid, WW, summoning) its rather hard to see how synergies work so far. They, at least on the druid, seem to be mostly summoning and casting-- WW and WB don't seem to utilize any synergy, other than lycanthropy. Your attacks while in wolf and bear form do not use synergies-- feral, poison, multi attacks for the wolf form, specifically.
2. Lots of kewl unique, rare drops.
3. You can gamble sets, though I haven't gotten any.
4. All the act bosses so far have dropped lots of rare uniques and set items! And I've only a measley 75-100 mf on my druid.
5. All in all, so far it doesn't seem any different from .09. But then, I'm not far enough into Nightmare nor Hell to even see how things react.