Rest Time is a small, simple, elegant and unobtrusive break reminder. Taking regular rest breaks away from your computer is essential for remaining focused, maintaining your energy levels throughout the day and preventing discomfort and repetitive strain injuries. Rest Time lives under an icon in your Mac's menu bar and detects for how long you have been working without requiring privileged access that might put your privacy as well as your internet security at risk.
- Intelligent Activity Monitoring - Dumb timers are annoying. That's why Rest Time is clever: It will never start a timer when you're not actually at your Mac and it will detect when you have taken a break without needing any prodding. Unlike other tools, Rest Time does so without requiring you to give it the dreaded "Access for Assistive Devices", which would lay you wide open for key logging and risking your privacy, as well as your internet security.
- Chilltastic Breaks - During a break Rest Time takes over your display and shows you a relaxing animation that gets you straight into a chill-out mood. While it locks the screen to gently force you away from your Mac, the unique time lock button allows to unlock it with only a little of fuss but a lot of guilt.
- Your Companion, Not Your Boss - Rest Time recognizes that there are times when taking a break is not an option and allows you to disable its countdown for up to 12 hours. This allows you to safely get it out of your way during presentations or other times when its use might be inappropriate without having to quit it and likely forget about it altogether.
- Simple and Elegant - Rest Time reminds you to take breaks and has everything it needs to do so well; and nothing else. The resulting design is uncomplicated and easy to live with, day in day out.
- Simple, elegant menu item bar user interface
- Privacy preserving activity monitoring
- 10, 5, and 3 minute warnings before breaks
- Soothing break animation
- Disabled without quitting
- Clock only starts running when you become active
- Detects informal breaks
- Deals gracefully with Mac going to sleep
- Locks entire screen, but can be unlocked if necessary
- Supports multiple displays
- Automatic software updates
- 14-day free trial
- From a team with over twenty years of continuous Mac development