Developer website: NewTek, Inc.
LightWave 3D is versatile enough to make the transition to and from all kinds of projects. Proven for years in television, film, and games, LightWave 3D is also being used to create graphics for print, web, industrial design, architecture, medical imaging, and anywhere else a 3D package is needed. A full, robust program, LightWave 3D includes many of the tools that other packages require to be purchased separately. Soft-body dynamics, particles, hair and fur, plus unlimited render nodes, to name a few; LightWave 3D ships with all the tools an artist needs to create.
- Dongle-Free Licensing: Dongles are no longer required to access the many features of LightWave
- Bullet Soft Body Dynamics: Soft body effects are now possible with Bullet, including cloth
- Bullet Forces: Several force types are now available within Bullet
- Genoma: Fast, modular instant rigging system for Modeler that includes presets for rapid-rigging
- VPR Update: Depth-of-Field, Motion Blur and Anaglyph Stereo now visible in the renderer
- Rolling Shutter: Rolling Shutter camera effects are now possible to aid matching footage that has this effect present
- Edge Rendering Node Control: Control edge opacity, taper and color using nodes
- Flocking Update: Predator / Prey behavior, new Director types and Node control
- FiberFX Update: Multiple styles per object - stored with the object, new styling controls, updated UI
- GoZ™ Fiber Mesh™ Support: Building on the robust GoZ support in LightWave 11. LightWave 11.5 now supports ZBrush Fiber Meshes
- Adobe™ After Effects™ Support: 'GoZ style' After Effects interchange for Cameras, Lights, NULLs and animation
- Instancing Update: Per Object control, speed and memory improvements
- Modeler Tools Update: ABF UV Unwrap, Edit Edges, Place Mesh, Slice, Thicken, Heat Shrink, Tweak, Transform, Axis and alignment tools and more
- Workflow Enhancements: Many enhancements to streamline and improve workflow