According to http://www.blender.org/ , blender 2.35a still has a number of bug reports and other issues being reported, that 2.36 is planning to add no new features, but rather fix everything they've heard is working incorrectly. blender 2.36 "may" be out as early as next week. (-=`
**Heres the candidate change list**
("release candidates" means they'll aim to fix all mentioned, hopefully all the right people needed will be present and kindly do the detective code work.. aka.. debugging)
2.36 release candidates
- Critical bug! Deformed mesh didnt give correct 'orco' (original texture coordinates) anymore on render,
- 3D Window: using SHIFT + hotkeys to set layers in Layer menu (MKEY) only accepted last hotkey with using "OK" button.
- 3D Window: the "Render this view" option (OpenGL preview render) sometimes crashed in shaded mode and/or with Armatures.
- IpoWindow (animation curves); NKEY panel "XMin" and "Xmax" buttons didn't work proper on large changes (>100 frames).
- "Separate loose parts", crash on empty mesh (with no verts)
- ALT+B loop select could go haywire on certain cases
- Hide/Reveil damaged FGon flags
- Oops Window (not Outliner) didn't show Lamp textures nor Material Ipos - correctly
- Tools: Join Meshes (CTRL+J) now accepts Vertex Groups to be joined properly
- EditMode undo: converting Curve to Mesh, entering editmode, and invoke an "undo" crashed.
- Global undo; buttons sending redraw events gave extra undo push called "Make single user or local".
- Global undo: crash solved in large changes of Lattice resolution button.
- Added several undo pushes where it was missing
- MetaBalls: using particles to duplicate Metas caused crash on adding new Meta Object
- Curve Deform, Windows only, deformation was flat (2D) in default settings
- Appending data from other files accidentally cleared current Scene ScriptLinks
- Appending data in PoseMode crashed Blender
- solved several cases of unitialized variables, causing black scanlines or other render errors. Windows only.
- with multipe 3D windows in a Screen, with one having its own layers "unlocked" and set different, caused wrong render results. Now it only renders Local View or local layer settings with F12 hotkey and mouse in the specific window.
- Invoking render in Mesh EditMode gave wrong texture coordinates on Subdivision Surface
- Transparent raytracing didn't make specular transparent
- Crash fix on render cyclic Nurbs Surface with Cube mapping
- Sun Solaris: error in refreshing buttons in frontbuffer (on highlight) has been defined to be a bug in Sun OpenGL. Is reported, Sun engineers work on it.
- fix for stereo window creation in Unix X11
- fix for forces with new timing system
- fix for using Python delattr() or 'del Obj.Attr'
- Alpha sort now works for linked (ALT+D) objects
- uses Polytope collision now for faster mesh intersection tests
- Mouse over sensor does work now for ortho cameras.
- Crash fix caused by improper check if plugin was loaded
- Closed Nurbs surface crashed on render
- Added nearly full support for Blender's procedural textures, with the exception of 'envmap', 'magic', and 'plugin' modes. The stucci texture also is not exact match, since it cannot be fully emulated in yafray because of implementation issues. It will work best for low turbulence values
- Import: DXF Polyline import fix, for Cinema4D files (among others).
- UI: Option to switch left/right mouse didn't work for floating panels. It then still selected stuff behind the button.
- UI: Added code to disable "Emulate 3 button mouse" when "Left mouse select" option is chosen. This can't work together unfortunately... because of 1 button mouse owners.
- crash fixed with Meshes having edge data
- crash fixed with unlinking Text block being in use by ScriptLink
- OSX: crash solved for using audio in Engine.
- Fixed selection of Objects in Solid draw mode. Selection was just always not what you wanted, the rules for wireframe (cycling) can't be used then.
New rule is;
- it always selects the frontmost visible item (wires too), unless:
- frontmost is active/selected already, then it picks the 2nd
- mouse didnt move 2 pixels while selecting, then it starts cycling
- Mesh EditMode: Removed co-planar restriction for creating FGons. These now can span an entire tube.
- AO render; "Use sky" or "Use tex" now also take option "Use distances" into account, so you can control shades of AO better.
- Render: static animated particle systems now allow to be animated with Material and Texture ipos. Only shows in render.
- Render: Material option "Ztransp" now can be reflected in raytraced mirror.
- Render: Unified Render now supports Gaussian filter sampling
- Global undo: using number buttons gives better Undo push names (check ALT+U menu)
- Game engine: Objects without texture faces now render in their assigned Material colors, and with lighted faces. This shows with ALT+Z textured view mode too.
- Added more cases to update "Shaded View" on changes with buttons or tools.
- Lasso Select now works in UV FaceSelect and Edit Mode Curve, Surface, Lattice. Missing still: MBall and Armature Edit Mode.
long list ain't it? Well, 2.35 was a huge feature update, it only makes sense that many little bugs now need to be squashed.