Developer website: JRiver, Inc.
JRiver Media Center is one of the most comprehensive and seamless applications available for managing and playing your media. Its scope includes almost all formats of audio, video, and images. Media Center can also record television and manage documents. And if you're looking for the best audio player or the best video player, you've found it. You can configure Media Center to focus solely on your needs.
Media Center plays:
- Connected media from Last.fm, Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
- From more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices than any other player.
- And it powers the Home Theater PC that will entertain your family. MC can even play audio and video in different zones.
- And, MC can record TV in high definition, providing an alternative to cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a Media Center Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen. MC is a DirectShow player, so it can play almost anything.
All features of the trial are available for free for 30 days. Licenses can be bought for your specific platform, or for cross-platform. Information can be found here.
- Builds since 24.0.72 were using an incorrect private library that could have caused instability
- MC would not run in OSX 10.8
- Theater View right-click menus didn't look correct when tooltip transparency was turned off
- Some malformed raw AAC audio files could not be played
- The embedded web browser could show an error trying to open about:blank instead of showing a (temporary) blank page, when needed
- DLNA: Add dsd, dff and dsf to the SOURCEPROTOCOLINFO and SINKPROTOCOLINFO
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Mac with GPU supporting OpenGL 3.2 required for video support.
- OS X 10.7.5 or later required for video support, and recommended for best experience
- OS X 10.9.5 or later, and compatible hardware, is required to use integer playback mode.
- Version Downloads
- 08 Feb 2019
- Intel 64 / OS X