Developer website: Rick Meyers
e-Sword -- one of the world's most popular PC Bible study apps -- is now available on the world's most advanced desktop operating system! e-Sword X is feature-rich and user-friendly. As your Biblical library grows, you will appreciate the intuitive layout and synchronization of resources. e-Sword X is so easy to use, you may never need to click on the Help menu!
- Everything Needed to study the Bible in an enjoyable and enriching manner. All Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, … everything is just a click away!
- Powerful Searches that are simple to use. Enter as many words you want to search for and select the settings. You can even search on Strong numbers!
- Integrated Editor for creating your own study notes, even with images. Rich text notes are "linked" to the Bible for easy viewing as popover tooltips!
- Parallel Bible of your own design for comparing passages.
- Strong's Definitions are just a click away and presented in a popover tooltip.
- Scripture References too are just a click away and presented in a popover tooltip.
- Compare Bibles quickly to see how the different versions translate a verse.
- Location Maps pin-point Biblical places on live modern maps to help bring the narrative to life!
- Reading Plans designed to help you grow in your knowledge of the Bible.
e-Sword X initially installs with the King James Bible and the King James with Strong's numbers study Bible, the Strong's Lexicon, Smith's Bible dictionary, F. B. Meyer devotional commentary, and the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge cross references. There are over one hundred additional Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, lexicons, reference books and devotionals that you can download and add to your library absolutely free!
Please note that e-Sword X is an English release (but does include Spanish UI localization.) There are dozens of non-English Bibles available, but all other content is in English.
- Strong's tooltips can now display from one to all of your installed lexicons in comparative format. Studying with Strong's numbers has just gotten way easier!
- You can now insert file links into your notes. Clicking these links will open those files in the appropriate app. Link to documents, images, songs, whatever!
- Includes bug fixes found in the 5.0 release.
- OS X 10.11 or later