Murasaki is an EPUB reader application that has simple user interfaces and various features (CANNOT open DRM-encrypted EPUBs)
- Scrolling - Murasaki is a scroll-based reader like usual web browers, not a page flip-based reader like iBooks.
- Pagination View Mode (horizontal writing mode only) - Murasaki supports the pagination view mode. This is a hybrid view mode which has both a free scrolling and a snapping to column (horizontal writing mode only).
- Swipe Navigation - Murasaki supports two-finger swipe gesture to move between contents (Mac OS X 10.7+). To read through an EPUB, use scroll and swipe gestures on trackpad.
- Multi Windows - Murasaki can open different EPUBs in multiple windows. Moreover Murasaki can open different parts of one EPUB in multiple windows at once.
- Popover - By opening a link in a popover, you can check a related page, footnote, and so on quickly without moving page (Mac OS X 10.7+).
- Image Panel - By opening images in panels, you can read through text with reference to these images.
- Searching - You can search a word that is contained in a EPUB.
- Bookmarking - You can bookmark, and can refer these pages later.
- Full Screen - By entering full screen mode, you can view the EPUB contents in full screen (Mac OS X 10.7+).
- User Style Sheet - Murasaki can apply user style sheets.
- Popover Dictionary - You can look up a word in popover dictionary.
- Spotlight / Quick Look - Murasaki includes Spotlight and Quick Look plug-ins for EPUB. You can search and preview EPUBs in Finder