Helen's Website Editor
is for you if you've had a website made for you and want to make small updates without concerning yourself with HTML or other technical things. Or maybe you're a developer who has made a site for a customer and wants to give them a very easy way to make small updates. This makes it as easy as possible to open up a page, make edits, and save.
- WYSIWYG editor
- Simple to use
- Type and format text
- Insert tables, lists, images
- Copy and paste from TextEdit, Pages, etc.
- If you are more Web-savvy you can insert Web headings, paragraphs, and divs using classes from your stylesheet
- Opens the page from the server and saves it directly back
- Edit your stylesheet and some meta tags
- Keeps a history of edits, easy to restore a previous version
All you need is your FTP server's name or IP address, a username, and password. After that you can browse your pages and open them for editing directly from the server and save it right back. No messing about with creating or synchronising local folders.
N.B.: The concept of this app is that it opens and saves the remote copy directly. There is no local copy unless you want to maintain one yourself.