Developer website: Xelaton Software
Myary is a simple diary application.
- Saving your entries. Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved to. Myary automatically creates a covenant folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Myary. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors. You keep full control over your entries.
- Creating multiple diaries. Myary allows you to create multiple diaries, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
- Special editor and fullscreen-modes. The editor of Myary offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keyboard-shortcuts. Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more. Also, Myary offers the well known fullscreen-mode (OS X 10.7 Lion and higher) and a distraction-free mode where you can concentrate on your text wholly.
- Collecting external files You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Myary offers options to view these files in Myary itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text.
- Markup-Support. Myary supports following markup-languages: Markdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries.
- Notice-Collecting. Quickly writing a notice without starting a new entry, Myary offers an integrated notice-feature. To write notices, Myary offers diverse option. Next to writing a notice within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a notice or use the Myary-bookmarklet from most Web browsers to send notices to Myary.
- Exporting entries. Myary offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF, RTFD, HTML, DOC, and PDF. Choosing these formats, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries. Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your diary on an eBook-reader.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later
- MarkdownExtra as new language option added
- MultiMarkdown-Terminal-Tool can be used instead of the Perl script. To use the Terminal-Tool perform the necessary steps in the preferences of Myary under the item "MultiMarkdown"
- added CriticMarkup support, must be activated explicitly via the preferences under the item "CriticMarkup"
- Modernized user interface
- Switching between bright / dark user interface via the menu Point View > Bright / Dark User Interface. A restart of Myary is no longer required
- Show / hide the title bar accessible via the menu item View > Show / Hide Titlebar
- Preferences option: thin line numbering (to be found under the item Editor)
- Markup commands are now Collected under the menu item "Markup" including various new actions for formatting text including corresponding keyboard shortcuts
- Icons for diaries new options in the preferences for diaries
- Images can be added by drag'n drop to the icon field
- Emojis and Symbols can be added by drag'n drop to the icon field
- Any non-image file can be added by drag'm drop to the icon field, in this case the file-own symbol icon, for apps the app icon is used
- New icons for the integrated icon collection, and internally improved the iconbrowser
- Added icon reset option in the diaries icon presets
- Menu items and Keyboard shortcuts for text / preview view switch and expand / collapse attachment bar added (under the main menu item View)
- Context-action for calendar-sheet "Move entry to" added
- Context-action for calendar-sheet "Duplicate entry to" added
- Menu item "Duplicate entry to" added (under the main menu item File)
- Color labels can now also be set via the right-click menu of the entry list
- Myary is now also localized in French
- Text editor: remove markup menu action renewed
- Smark-, BBCode abd Textile-Parser updated
- New icons for the interface
- Help completely revised
- Optimizations to the Textbundle and Textpack creation
- Improved display of the selected entry in the entry list
- Improved display of the notes list
- Dark mode-look updated to the current macOS version
- QuickExport internal improvements
- Unnecessary elements in the interface of the export manager removed
- Internal improvements in the export manager
- Minor improvements for sorting the file list
- Improvements in the status bar popover window
- User interface updated
- Text-field uses the same font and color as the main editor
- When opening the status bar popover window the diary selected in the main window will be preselected in the popover window
- Behavior, color and appearance of the icon adjusted in the status bar
- Improvements when exporting as an ePub file: only attachments used in the eBook text are included in the final file
- Attachments of the currently selected entry which are added or renamed outside Myary, will be recognized and reloaded whenMyary becomes active
- The deletion of individual entries via the delete command can be revoked
- Organization and management of diaries in the preferences reorganized and simplified
- Preferences: diverse items of the user interface reorganized
- Several bug-fixes
- OS X 10.10 or later