Developer website: Vu Tien Thinh
SimpleCAD is an easy, simple to learn 2D Computer Aided Design program (CAD) made to meet all of your basic design needs. SimpleCAD is more than just a vector paint program, because you can move, copy, edit, scale, rotate and offset objects.
Main functions of the application:
- Basic draw items: including freehand lines, line, polyline, orthogonal line, tangent line, parallel line, rectangle, polygon, circle, arc (NOTE: native ellipse is not supported, only support ellipse created by polyline object). Text box, callout box, picture box (imported from image file), measure items.
- Modify functions: move, erase, copy, mirror, offset, rotate, scale, stretch items' vertices, lengthen, trim, extend, break, chamfer, fillet and explode polyline, join, array, polar array.
- Auto Snap point setting: Snap to grid, end points of objects, on entity, center of arc - line - circle, middle point of arc - line, intersections, snap to top, left, right, bottom edges of a circle, arc.
- Multi layers: you could create new layer to draw more items. Layers could be shown, hidden independently.
- Add image: You could add any image file (support file type: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PICT, TIFF) to display as an item inside the application. Image file could be shown in following modes: Stretch / Fit inside bound / Fit outside bound. The application also allows to drag-and-drop many image files directly from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard) to current editing window to add them to the diagram.
- Add items (block) to Block Template list: Right click on selected items then select "Add to template list" to save the block to template list so that you can reuse it later.
- Customizable background: Background color, total size of the diagram could be changed during editing. Background color also can be set to transparent.
- Open/Save to "*.AAD" file: AAD (*.aad) is the new file type created only for this application. Press "⌘S" to save current diagram to an AAD file so that you could load it later for editing.
- Capture to clipboard: Press "⌘9" or click on Capture button to export current diagram image to clipboard, then you could paste that image to another application. Example: Open [Preview] application, press "⌘N" to paste above captured image to view or to save to an image file. Of course, you could paste that image to Excel, Word application too.
- Supports Metric or English units (you could change it in the Preferences dialog)
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Change display order
- Export to PNG, JPEG, TIFF, PDF image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Support multi-languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, 한국어, Español, Português, Čeština, Dansk, Suomi, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Русский, Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Tiếng Việt, 中文（中国）, 中文（台灣
- Add support for macOS 10.14
- Improve print dialog (add Detail controls to print dialog)
- Allow users to copy/paste selected layer
- Add Decimal Precision setting
- Support import/export SVG, SVGZ format
- Improve unit setting
- Add more default shapes (circle, triangle, polygon, star...)
- Add more arrow types (Dot, Architectural tick, Oblique, Origin indicator....)
- Add dialog to edit detail path of a shape easily
- Add command: merge polylines into one shape
- Add command: break a shape into polylines
- Improve UI
- Fix many bugs
- OS X 10.10 or later