Freeplane is free, Open-Source software to support thinking, sharing information, and getting things done at work, in school, and at home. The core of the software consists of functions for mind mapping, also called concept mapping or information mapping, and tools for using mapped information. Freeplane runs on any operating system on which a current version of Java is installed and from USB.
Freeplane supports the above application areas with the following functions:
- Note taking with freely positionable, unconnected nodes (post-it's);
- Ordering ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by
Note: Now requires a 64-bit Intel processor.
- Ability to rearrange custom filters in the filter composer
- Add Format=Unparsed LaTeX and unparsedlatex node prefix to allow LaTeX content that is solely used for export
- Add-on jar libraries
- Allow program arguments like file.mm#ID_123456 to choose the first selected
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Java 1.6 or later