To those attacking Maxthon because it is a Chinese product:
While I agree that a lot of Chinese and Russian produced software has yet to be proven safe and trustworthy, let me pont out some differences in regards to Maxthon:
1. Maxthon has a good existing reputation on mobile platforms.
On Android, the Maxthon name is well-known and the product receives very high ratings:
It also has good ratings on iOS:
2. Unlike many shady Russian and Chinese software companies, Maxthon does not try to hide their domain registration info (whois), and they have clear contact and address info on their web site:
Notice also from the above that Maxthon has an office in the United States, located in San Francisco, and they give out actual email addresses, instead of using obscured forms.
3. Maxthon provides a genuine history of their product and company, rather than the generic and phony sounding boilerplate you see on most Chinese software web sites:
4. Maxthon is genuinely and actively engaged in social media, with real employees and customers, not bots:
5. Maxthon's web site looks like it was created by real, modern human beings, rather than something thrown together by prison slaves using CD-ROM clipart from 1982:
Now, I can't state as an absolute fact that Maxthon is safer than other Chinese browsers, but I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to security. I noted above a few of the differences between Maxthon and the run-of-the-mill junk you see floating around the net, and to my mind, Maxthon is as safe as any of the major browser choices.