Firefox offers a fast, safe Web browsing experience. Browse quickly, securely, and effortlessly. With its industry-leading features, Firefox is the choice of Web development professionals and casual users alike.
Mozilla Firefox for Mac is a versatile and feature-packed browser with advanced security features that can hide shared user activity and has customizable privacy settings that protect your system from unwanted tracking and harmful software.
Mozilla Firefox is perfect for casual searches as well as more complex queries.
You no longer need an app or extension to take screenshots because when you download Firefox for Mac you get a brand new capture tool that captures any part of a webpage and makes images available for download online.
Faster and Better
Since the release of Quantum is now twice as fast as its predecessors and needs 30% less memory than its main competitor Chrome.
Firefox interface is intuitive to use with tools and features that are easy to locate.
The dashboard-style homepage offers access to:
- Different search bars
- Synchronization across devices and platforms
- Customizable toolbars
- Customizable page layouts
- Advanced saving options
- Brand new screen capturing tool
- Facebook container extension - separate activity on Facebook from other web activities.
- Enhanced and customizable privacy tracking protection settings could slow down browsing speeds, but protects your privacy.
- Protect your computer from malware and harmful software
- Lockbox Password manager for password-free login
- Firefox Monitor, check, and set alerts for any email breaches.
- Run Firefox in Safe Mode
- Backup your Firefox Profile
- Site optimization for a smooth browsing experience
- Tiled history: a tiled display of the sites you've visited lately
- Session Restore
Support for Developers
- Firefox provides an open-source platform for developers to create powerful add-ons and extensions
- Add extensions from the Firefox extension workshop to enhance productivity and user experience.
- Developer hub where you can port Chrome Extensions with minimal effort.
- Author, run, and test extensions with the built-in command-line tool
- Automate code tests for your add-on
- Test your add-on for compatibility across platforms
- Live testing and debugging
There is no Firefox support for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.
The Beta version is unstable, and the platform is still in the testing and development phase and sends data to Firefox about any issues encountered.
Be the first to check out the features of the next-generation web browser. Nightly is an unstable testing and development platform and sends data to Mozilla and partners to handle any problems encountered.
Author, debug and scale with the only browser built exclusively for developers.
Developers in the iOS Developer Program can test Firefox beta version via Apple’s TestFlight program.
- Firefox will not start up - check for operating-specific issues
- Firefox crashes - check crash signature online to find the error
- Firefox runs but is not responsive - check if your profile is locked
- No Live Support
- Hard to find Bookmarked Pages
- Fewer Extensions
- Some Websites Work Better in Chrome
- Plugins are not updated automatically