Developer website: Zhiming Chen
PaintBoard is an inexpensive painting program for OS X that can be used to teach students the basics of painting software. Many sophisticated graphics software applications (such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop) use the same basic principles that can be learned using PaintBoard.
Using any painting program involves learning how to use the menu bar and the tool bar. PaintBoard also includes a color palette that allows the user to choose both foreground and background colors with which to work.
New Features in 2.0:
- Transparent selection and marching ants for the selection tool
- A completely rewritten Text tool for pinpoint-accurate insertion
- Four all-new tools: Airbrush, Rounded Rectangle, Eyedropper, and Zoom
- Image resizing, canvas resizing, and cropping
- Countless bug fixes and speed improvements
- and more!
Interested yet? Just download and try it!
- New image effect "Comic Effect" added (In Menu -> Image -> Comic Effect);
- Bug fixes