aims to fill the need for a basic, streamlined, and Mac-native image editor. Whether you need to quickly crop a photo, add some text to an image, or just have fun doodling, PaintBoard has you covered.
PaintBoard is an inexpensive painting program for OS X that can be used to teach students the basics of painting software. Many sophisticated graphics software applications (such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop) use the same basic principles that can be learned using PaintBoard.
Using any painting program involves learning how to use the menu bar and the tool bar. PaintBoard also includes a color palette that allows the user to choose both foreground and background colors with which to work.
New Features in 2.0:
- Transparent selection and marching ants for the selection tool
- A completely rewritten Text tool for pinpoint-accurate insertion
- Four all-new tools: Airbrush, Rounded Rectangle, Eyedropper, and Zoom
- Image resizing, canvas resizing, and cropping
- Countless bug fixes and speed improvements
- and more!
PaintBoard can open and save to most major image formats, including BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and GIF. Full support for transparency is available for image formats that support an alpha channel (currently PNGs and GIFs). You can also paste images copied from many common Mac applications, including Microsoft Office and Apple iWork.
Interested yet? Just download and try it!