Developer website: Symantec
Norton Internet Security lets you confidently browse, shop, bank, and socialize online without worrying about getting attacked or scammed.
- Norton Safe Web: Proactively protects you while you surf the Web by warning you of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in your search results. (OS X 10.7 only)
- Antiphishing Technology: Blocks fraudulent phishing websites created to steal your identity and your money.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, stealing your personal information and messing with your stuff.
- Location Awareness: Lets you adjust your level of protection depending upon where you're using your Mac (at home, the office, the local coffee shop, on the road).
- Vulnerability Protection: Updates daily to stop cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in applications and other software to sneak threats onto your computer.
- AntiVirus Protection: Protects your Mac, iPhoto pictures, iTunes media, iMovie projects and all your important stuff from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing down your computer.
- Confidential File Guard: Password protects your stuff to keep it safe from prying eyes.
- Daily Protection Updates: Runs in the background to protect your Mac
- Compatibility with Firefox 14
- Compatibility with OS X 10.8 GM Candidate. We will let you know if there are any other problems with OS X 10.8 final release when it is announced.
- Bug fixes in Norton Firewall and Norton Identity
- Available in Dutch (Netherlands), Protugese (Brazil) and Swedish. Available in these countries by end of this summer.
- Additional language packs available for more languages later this summer from http://together.norton.com. Help translate your Norton products into other languages!
OS X 10.7 or later