MP3 Encoder enables you to convert a variety of audio formats to MP3 using a simple front-end to the high-quality LAME encoder. MP3 Encoder can also be used as a simple MP3 tag editor!
- Supports Multi-Threading! Encode multiple MP3s at once, up to the number of processor cores your system has.
- Reads and Writes Meta-data! Reads meta-data from the source file and writes it to the MP3 file. You can also enter your own meta-data via a pull-out drawer.
- Converts songs bought on iTunes to MP3 and retains the metadata.
- Edit metadata of existing MP3 files without re-encoding.
- Also supports re-encoding exsting MP3 files.
- MP3s are written to the same folder as the source file by default, but you can specify an alternate output folder in the preferences.
Currently supported source formats
- M4A - Apple Lossless
- M4A - AAC
- MP4 - AAC
- RA - Real Audio
- RM - Real Media
Note: WMA Lossless and DRM Protected files are not supported.