Developer website: Sheep Systems
BookMacster is a bookmarks manager for your Mac which plays nicely with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Sign In to Chrome, and Opera Sync. (Ours are the only non-Apple apps which can modify Safari bookmarks without corrupting iCloud data.) It can be used in one of three ways, or all three:
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud Safari syncing, Firefox Sync, Google Chrome's Sign In. Bookmarks added to these apps on your Mac will show up in these apps on iOS or Andriod devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, iCab, Roccat, Pinboard, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with tags, hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects, duplicates, can upgrade insecure bookmarks and remove URL cruft.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple user profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
- Fixed several functions which did not work for all users because in some cases macOS 10.14 did not show its Do you want to allow this dialog. The important ones are:
- Adding Add [that-web-page] to > our Floating Menu (keyboard shortcut), Menu Extra, or Dock Menu when user visits a web page in any supported browser, including Safari.
- Landing a new bookmark by clicking the BookMacster Button in a web browser or using the BookMacsterize bookmarklet.
- Presenting the error dialog when Agent encounters an error and user clicks View, for more details.
- Now prevents contentions which could sometimes occur when BookMacster, Synkmark, Smarky, or their agent (BkmxAgent) syncs with Safari, causing our Pajara helper process to crash. For most users, Pajara would be silently relaunched and work, but for some, this could cause a crash dialog to appear, and syncing to fail. Preventing the collision also reduces resource usage.
- Further imrovements to Syncing reliability.
- Fixed bug introduced in version 2.9.4 which caused the Choose Clients or Choose Browsers sheet to be misplaced, and also, sometimes prevented the new document from being saved until the next application run.
- The windows shown upon clicking Show Syncing Status and Reboot Sync Agent now always appear regardless of whatever the other, or other alerting windows are or have recently been display, and clicking Done in one of these windows no longer sometimes cause a crash when running in older macOS versions.
- Main menu item File > Close and Trash works in macOS 10.14 now.
- Fixed a bug which caused failure of Install Bookmarklet into >, and possibly some other rarely-done operations.
- OS X 10.10 or later