Developer website: Random Applications
TuneSpan allows you to browse and span the media in your iTunes Library. To span your media means to distribute the files in your iTunes Library across multiple drives.
What does TuneSpan do?
TuneSpan helps you easily move the media files (Music, Movies, etc.) in your iTunes Library to multiple drives, avoiding the pitfalls of moving files manually. TuneSpan lets you browse and keep track of media in your iTunes Library on all drives, whether they're connected or not, and makes it clear to you what is and isn't currently available to play in iTunes. TuneSpan also offers sophisticated filtering options that aren't available in iTunes.
- Bug that would cause TuneSpan to stall if large folders or lots of folders were expanded in the Media Locations list
- Bugs when displaying TV Show names and large episode numbers
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
- Refresh Album Artwork" Tool for iTunes 12.4 and newer
- Variety of interface bugs on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Support for the next version of macOS
- New Maximum File and Folder Name Length setting to Advanced Preferences
- Support for Loved, Album Loved, Work, Movement Name, Movement Number, and Movement Count tags
- "Create Locations Playlists" Tool for iTunes
- TuneSpan handles very large Spans and Restores. When Spanning and Restoring more than 5000 tracks, TuneSpan will automatically split it into separate batches to not stress the system too much at once. TuneSpan can automatically continue onto the next batch if the previous one was successful
- TuneSpan handles Restores when the original location no longer exists. TuneSpan will now offer to restore to the current iTunes Media folder instead
- First run experience. New users will now be prompted to opt-in to Analytics on the second run instead of the first
- Work, Movement Name, and Year as Dynamic Tokens in the Custom Folder Organization Preferences
- Removed "iTunes U" and changed "Books" to "Audiobooks" throughout TuneSpan. If you're using an older version of iTunes that still has iTunes U, they will be shown as Podcasts in TuneSpan
- Replaced interface icons with icons from Primaries by Parakeet
- Dropped support for older than OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
- OS X 10.8 or later