I just tried Viacad, first the installer will not work ...
I had to modify the settings of the installer first follwoing what i found there http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2014450
it is absolutely not convenient at all!
- we are limited with 256 coulors only even if we can edit the colors palette.
- impossible to import PNG or PDF since in the importation formats are available only JPEG and PICT which is no longer supported by Apple!
In Mac OS X 10.6 it is even impossible to export to this format.
- no PDF export, the illustrator export feature is not working since the document created is not even supported by Illustrator. Once open the file is empty...
- the transparency is not supported, even with PICT files with alpha layers.
- impossible to create our own hatches
- impossible to fill a form with a texture or a picture or to create hatches from pictures.
- there are printing issues, the pdf printing too, white pages.
- the GUI is not user friendly, poorly adapted from Windows to Mac OS apparently.