Developer website: MuTools
MuLab MuLab is an inspiring music studio featuring an integrated top-quality modular synth and effect engine. MuLab is an easy and rock-solid tool designed to create, record, edit and finalize your music! It comes in 2 versions: MuLab Free and MuLab Unlimited.
- Create, record, edit and play multi-track audio and music
- Flexible tracks and sub-tracks support audio, MIDI, and automation parts
- Easy modular architecture
- Top-quality, uncompromised sound engine
- Super-fat oscillators with 300 selected waveforms + support for user waveforms
- Multi-core CPU support
- Automatic mono/stereo handling
- Advanced integration between composer and sound engine
- Automation parts let you easily automate any parameter in the modular tree structure, even the deepest-nested ones
- Effective support for slicing and recycling sampled drum loops, including REX file support
- Streamlined and versatile mixing desk
- Option for modular routing of all mixer signals, resulting in ultimate flexibility
- Integrated world-class synths, samplers, and effects
- MuSynth workhorse synth/sampler
- MuDrum workhorse drum module featuring combined virtual analog and sample sounds, and integrated sub-mixing
- Includes the MuSampla, MuPad, and MultiSampla sample players
- Versatile step-sequencer and arpeggiator
- Includes hundreds of inspiring instruments and effect presets
- Freely mix MUX modules and VST plug-ins without limits
- Modulate any VST parameter with any of the MUX modulators like LFO, ADSR, multi-point envelope, ...
- Audio-rate parameter modulation
- Deep modular editing lets you build your own synths and effects, including nice front panels
- Easy preset file management
- Top-quality support for audio and MIDI VST plug-ins
- ReWire Master
- Multi-project support
- Template projects
- User-definable grids, including support for extracting grids from audio
- Streamlined user-friendly interface and workflow
- Many preferences so to tweak MuLab to your flavor
- Integrated multi-functional browser
- Extensive drag-and-drop support
- Multi-monitor support
- Plays on OS X and Windows
Note: Although Finder indicates that this is version 7.5, the developer states that this is version 7.7.0.
- New "Shake Keys" sequence function.
- MUX Front Panels: New "Copy Position" and "Paste Position" functions.
- Manage Shortcuts: Now has a search function to easily filter and find functions.
- New "Clear Undo-Redo History" function which can effectively free important memory allocations eg. when having deleted a big VST sample library from a rack.
- Monophonic Note Tracker: The auto-generated note-offs could be on a different channel than intended. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug wrt automatic audio recording latency compensation while using "Direct Audio Input".
- Fixed an editor issue when using the Note Key Names feature.
- Windows versions: When a modal dialog is active, it is ensured that it is focused. (in previous versions in exceptional cases it could be beyond other windows)
- OS X 10.6.8 or later