Note: The screenshot shown in this listing comes from Pallet, a separate resource available here.
MacPorts Project's main goal is to provide an easy way to install various open-source software products on the Darwin OS family (OpenDarwin, OS X, and Darwin).
Note: If you already have MacPorts installed, the preferred method for updating is to run:
sudo port selfupdate
- New action 'port reclaim' to clean inactive ports and unnecessary distfiles to get back disk space, developed during GSoC 2014. (ksammons in branch gsoc14-cleanup)
- New action 'port diagnose' to check for
- OS X 10.11 (releases for earlier operating systems can be found in Related Links)
- Apple's Xcode Developer Tools:
- Version 7 or later for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Version 6.0.1 or later for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Version 5.0.1 or later for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Version 4.4 or later for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Version 4.1 or later for OS X 10.7 Lion
- Version 3.2 or later for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Version 3.1 or later for OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Apple's Command Line Developer Tools
- (Optional) The X11 windowing environment for ports that depend on the functionality it provides to run.