Well, maybe I did something wrong while setting up BlueHarvest.
If I did so, then everything can be explained.
But here is why I tried it. I store music and movies on a Network hard drive connected via USB to my Apple AirPort Extreme which itself is connected to my computer via Ethernet. I want to access to those folders using an Oppo BDP-105 networked universal player that can access networked volumes using SMB/CIFS and so, appreciate if it doesn't show up those annoying files.
The hard drives show up as networked volumes. They are formatted in HFS+ but as they are considered as networked volumes, I assume that the format is irrelevant here.
Well, whatever I move from my computer to the networked harddrive, there are two options :
- 1°) the original folder does not contain any of those .XXX scammed files and thus they do not appear on the networked volume ;
- 2°) the original folder does contain those annoying files and they are copied even though I ask BlueHarvest to clean up networked volume and they are still there after I select the folder an choose "Clean using BlueHarvest" from the contextual menu.
So, good idea... but poor execution as far as I am concerned. But considering the other comments, I must have done something wrong :-(