CryptoEdit is an absolutely simple, powerful, and secure application to create and edit documents that are encrypted by default. The ideal solution for managing reserved personal documents. It can handle TEXT, RTF, and RTFD (RTF with images) files.
How It Works
CryptoEdit allows you to edit documents with a standard word processor. All the features available in a modern RTF editor are available in CryptoEdit, with text and images. The difference is that you always save a document as encrypted and you never can reopen it without the proper password
- Easy, simple and intuitive. It does things in the way you expect
- Native for Cocoa
- Save always as encrypted by default, helping you avoid security problems
- Stable and solid with many years of development.
- Can generate secure distributable documents
- Can add public notes, visible to all without the password, for document general information
- Text formatting using rulers, styles, and fonts of different sizes and colors.
- All font selections are available from standard menu dialogs and custom styles may be used.
- Spell-checking in your native language and includes full text search.
- Insertion of images with simple drag-and-drop..
- Saves a document with images (RTFD) creates a single file with all text and images encrypted.
- Also embedded images are encrypted
- Can operate as a service, offering the possibility to create a new encrypted document from a selected text inside any other application.
- Uses a strong AES-256 algorithms
- Unbelievably fast. It decrypts and opens super-secure AES-256 files as if they were plain text.
- Can import from TEXT, RTF and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format + embedded images)
- Can export documents as standard TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
- Offers a menu services addition to all the applications to create encrypted text from inside any other application on your Mac
- Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
Supported of Features
- Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
- Merge all documents in a window
- Full screen
- Automatic resume
- Tags in finder