Developer website: Strata
Strata Design 3D CX 8 is our professional-level 3D modeling and animation software that delivers end-to-end power for the entire 3D design workflow. Quickly bring your creative ideas to life with a simplified learning curve, tight integration with Adobe Photoshop, and award-winning rendering quality rivaling any software at any price.
- All the Power for One Simple Price - Unlike some 3D applications, Strata Design 3D CX gives you all of its 3D tools for one great price. We don't force you to decide how you're going to use the product in the future, or make a guess ahead of time about which tools you might need for future projects. The only pricing decision you need to make is whether to buy Design 3D CX by itself, or as part of the Strata 3D Design Toolkit.
- Model Anything in 3D or Import Existing 3D Assets - For many, the thought of 3D modeling is a daunting task. Design 3D offers an extremely friendly modeling toolset and environment for manipulating your polygons, splines, and primitives into any 3D object or scene you can imagine. If you're working with existing 3D assets, Strata Design 3D CX utilizes a host of filters and options to accurately import third-party 3D models and scenes.
- Apply Surface Textures with Precision - In the world of 3D, texturing may just be the most important component in creating convincing final renderings. Once you have designed your 3D model, Strata Design 3D CX gives you powerful tools to create, apply and manipulate surface textures with beautifully accurate results.
- Set-Up Your Scene with Lighting, Backgrounds, Cameras - Scene composition is a critical step in producing stunning images. Design 3D CX makes it easier to control the environment than any photography studio you could imagine. Position your 3D objects and then place lights, reflection panels, cameras, backgrounds, environments, reflection elements and more to produce a superior final render or animation for your design project.
- Render Photo-Real Images and Animations at Blazing Speeds - Design 3D is well known for its extraordinary rendering technology. Whether you're after photo-realistic results or some other style for your static or motion graphics, you will find the rendering options to suit your needs and output the results using one of the fastest rendering engines in the industry. After all, it's all about the final results and Design 3D delivers.
- Tightly Integrated with Adobe Photoshop - Design 3D CX is a favorite among creative designers, thanks to tight integration with Adobe Photoshop. Design 3D allows you to use linked PS files as image maps, so changes made in the PS file are automatically updated in the Design 3D texture. Design 3D renders to Adobe Photoshop Layers for easy post-production work. Image maps created in Photoshop and saved (as TIFF, JPEG, PSD, etc.) can be loaded into the texture channels as image maps for creating textures.
Note: Version 8 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. Updating from version 8.0.x to version 8.2.x is free. Upgrading from version 8.0.x to the VR17 starts at $59.95 (perpetual), but is free for active subscribers. Upgrade pricing from a previous major version (v7, etc.) starts at $199 for a standard license and at $19.95 for a subscription license.
Note: The Strata Updater requires a 64-bit Intel processor.
- Fix for missing textures and possible crash when exporting to VRML
- Fix for issue with communication between HDRLS and D3D LiveRay
- Fix for crash when importing an STL file from Cobalt
- Made saving to a folder optional for some file types
- Changed inStudioVR to Spaces VR in the Publish to VR dialog
- Fix for default Collada tiling setting when no tiling parameters are found. We now default Collada to repeat
- Fixes for broken UI in the Save/Export dialog in High Sierra 10.13
- Fix for dark selection marquee in High Sierra 10.13.
- Fixes for flashing black rectangles on startup and reshape enter/exit in High Sierra
- Fixed Thickness handling of UVs on polygon meshes
- Fixed the issue with the Texture dialog Apply button not updating the LiveRay rendering in the modeling window
- Fix to allow the multi-pane modeling window presets to recognize the Preferences "Initial display" setting
- Fixed issue where Air and Gravity widgets showing through to the Desktop in Sierra and High Sierra
- Fix for U3D file import crash
- Fix for File menu grayed out issue
- Fix to avoid crashing when suspending renderings
- Fix for crash when opening model files
- Fix for flip faces issue when flipping a face with holes. Fixes Thickness on polymesh with holes issue
- Fix for crash when mesh has a UV channel but it’s empty
- Several fixes for crashes when drawing faces with holes but missing valid UVs
- Fix for properly iterating face with hole vertices in certain cases. This fixes a UV Edit selection issue
- Fix for exporting material subsets to Collada
- Fix for Fillet crash with boolean object having extra vertices
- Some UV corruption fixes when burning or entering UV Edit
- Fix for face selections not displaying on back faces when Backface Culling is on
- Fix for topology errors when loading old models with faces that have multiple holes
- Fixed polygon mesh with hole misbehaving when dissolving edge connecting hole area to perimeter
- Fix convert issues with UVs
- Fix for copy/deleting UVs issue
- Fix for Connect/Split edge distorting UVs
- Fix for crash when doing meld
- Fix for Burn UV crash
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Strata Design 3D CX 8.0.x, 8.1.x, or 8.2.x