Second Life is a 3D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively, and today is inhabited by a total of 5,145,919 people from around the globe.
From the moment you enter the World you'll discover a vast digital continent, teeming with people, entertainment, experiences, and opportunity. Once you've explored a bit, perhaps you'll find a perfect parcel of land to build your house or business.
You'll also be surrounded by the creations of your fellow residents. Because residents retain the rights to their digital creations, they can buy, more...
- New Notifications floater separates incoming notifications into Categories. It provides a better way to view, interact with, prioritize and manage incoming notices for busy residents.
- System - Displays general notifications, such as inventory transfers and friendship status changes.
- Transactions - Displays notifications that result from Linden dollar more...
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Minimum graphics:
- ATI Radeon 9200 and above
- NVIDIA GeForce 2, GeForce 4
- Cable or DSL connection