is a feature-rich, third-party viewer for Second Life, based on the original Second Life Viewer and on Linden Lab's Snowglobe.
Ending support for the Phoenix Viewer
On Saturday, Dec 15th, we held an important office hour at which the subject was the removal of official support for our V1-based Phoenix Viewer at the end of this year. We are also no longer developing this viewer. (Not to be confused with the Phoenix Firestorm Viewer, which will continue to be fully developed and supported.)
To be clear:
- We are ending support for the Phoenix Viewer on Dec 31st, 2012.
- We are NOT forcing you to use Firestorm! If you don’t want to use Firestorm, there are a few V1 alternatives out there. Check out the LL Third Party Viewer Directory.
- We are NOT telling you not to use Phoenix Viewer.
- We are NOT blocking Phoenix Viewer from logging in.
- We are NOT breaking Phoenix!
- You MAY continue to use Phoenix as long as you want, but be aware.. it will become more and more deprecated over time.
- LL is not intentionally killing Phoenix but be aware, there are changes coming in the new year that will break some key aspects of its usability.
- More info can be found here