jEdit is a cross platform, programmer's text editor written in Java. Developed by Slava Pestov and others, jEdit is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Features include:
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 2 version 1.3 or higher virtual machine - this includes Windows, Unix, MacOS X and VMS.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions
- Rich set of keyboard commands for manipulating entire more...
- The column titles were missing in shortcuts option pane
- Made TextArea thick caret thicker, and also thick when in overwrite mode
- Added a new column "ActionSet" in Shortcuts option pane to know to which actionSet an action belongs
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Java 1.6 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software