jEdit is a cross platform, programmer's text editor written in Java. Developed by Slava Pestov and others, jEdit is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Features include:
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 1.6 or higher virtual machine - this includes MacOS X, Linux, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and OS X (5.0)
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents are more...
Note: Now requires OS X 10.7.3 or later and Java 1.7 or later.
- The column titles were missing in shortcuts option pane
- Made TextArea thick caret thicker, and also thick when in overwrite mode
- Added a new column "ActionSet" in Shortcuts option pane to know to which actionSet an action belongs
- OS X 10.7.3 or later
- Java 1.7 or later